Cinnamon Clouds or Cinnamon Snowflakes
- 125g = 4.4092oz = 0.52834 cups ... soft butter or margarine
- 50g = 1.7637oz = 0.21134 cups ... icing sugar
- 1 vanilla sugar or vanilin sugar (a small package that I use, has here around 7g = 0.24692oz) It isn't essential if you haven't any and the recipe works well without it. It gives the only a rounder overall taste.
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 75g = 2.6455oz = 0.31701 cups flour
- 125g = 4.4092oz = 0.52834 cups ... cornflour
- Wax paper for the baking tray
- For dusting / sprinkling:
50g = 1.7637oz = 0.21134 cups ... icing sugar
- Butter or margarine with the whisk of the hand mixer or food processor until fluffy.
- Next put the icing sugar with the vanilla sugar, the cinnamon, flour and cornstarch and stir into the batter until it is creamy and flaky in consistence.
- Preheat the oven to 180 Â°C = 356.00ÂºF.
- Put wax paper on the baking tray. Shape the dough with the hands to a roll with about 2-3 cm ( 0.8 to 1.2 in) in diameter. Cut good finger thick (not finger long) slices from the rolls. (Ms. fingers are meant here gentlemen not not your broad ones. In no case is to cut off the fingers of the woman you (used n) Please, don't do this.)
- Roll them between your palms softly till they are round, with no crack, and place them on a baking sheet on the baking tray .
- Place them in the oven (middle) in 13-15 minutes (I use a rather old electrical oven and this is the set time I use, so this recipe would work on a electrical oven well, please keep this in mind, when using a ventilated oven the time reduces drastically, if it is preheated. Roughly measured around eight to ten times as fast. If they are to be brought out early, they quickly crumble when they get down from the sheet, or later take in his hands. When they are pulled out too late, they could lead the case that husband / wife or children, loosing some teeth from biting, or they are abused by people selfsame as deadly litter material, or both.)
-The cookies cool on a baking rack for 5 to 10 minutes. (You only need to drag the wax paper with the Cinnamon Clouds / Cinnamon Snowflakes carefully from baking tray to a baking rack. (This cools the Cinnamon Clouds / Cinnamon Snowflakes down much faster.)
- Pour icing sugar into a colander and sprinkle (dusting) the Cinnamon Clouds / Cinnamon Snowflakes. ( I sing to this always "Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!" in a deep baritone voice to this step)
Ready for eating after they cooled down to a tongue pleasant temperature.
In the mouth the Cinnamon Clouds / Cinnamon Snowflakes should dissolve with minimal effort, then everything went really well in making them.
I wish you good luck and much fun with this recipe.
Share your favorite personal foods and recipes.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Last edited by Demosthenes on Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.