Honesty

The Philosophy, sociology, and psychology of disability.
Eino

Honesty

Post by Eino » 9 years ago

One of the most basic core values is honesty.
W. Clement Stone gave us an example of honesty in the wisdom when he said, "Have the courage to say no. Have the courage to face the truth. Do the right thing because it is right. These are the magic keys to living your life with integrity."
Edward R. Murrow once said, "To be persuasive we must be believable; to be believable we must be credible; credible we must be truthful." The individual could not sell something he did not believe in.

Our own values allows us to make a choice that we could be proud of! And in life, it is all about choices we make. And how the direction of our lives comes down to the choices we choose. Honesty is not only doing the right thing, it is living with yourself with the choices you make.
"Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it. "
John Lennon

Tawney

Post by Tawney » 9 years ago

Courage is the key for me.. honesty comes natural, lies take too much energy to make and maintain. I still have a hard time with matching my heart and head when it comes to my personal insights.  Courage to live a life that I never adjusted my personal compass to.  Life changed drastically about 25 yrs ago but part of me never accepted that.. a part that is let down by me everyday and a part that feels she has let those she loves down everyday.  As I write this I know, I think, that I have done and can again do enough to be proud of.  As I write this I feel that pain in my chest and know I speak the truth.. as I know it.

Cactus Jack

Post by Cactus Jack » 9 years ago

Honesty- is it worth it?  Yes.
I have a reputation of being too honest.  Is there such a thing?  In some instances, yes.  Do I benefit from it?  You bet.  Everytime.

"The truth", they say, "will set you free."
It may not make me wealthy, nor find me a job, but at least *I* can sleep at night knowing that I was honest.
“The activist is not the man who says the river is dirty. The activist is the man who cleans up the river.” -Ross Perot