Greetings from the Colorado Rockies

Discussion about anything and everything.
Coll

Greetings from the Colorado Rockies

Post by Coll » 7 years ago

Howdy all,  I want to introduce myself.
I'm Coll, a below knee amputee with PTSD and TBI along with some other major health problems.  I live in the home I raised my two sons and a few dozen foster children with my husband of over 37 years.
Last edited by Coll on Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ragman

Post by Ragman » 7 years ago

It is good to see you posting here,  not many people  use the forums

Coll

I would like to see the forum get much more active.  There are some things that are better discussed in this format than the chat room.  I personally think that both venues are important for mutual support and friendship.

Yutolia

Post by Yutolia » 7 years ago

Hi! I'm also new and posting from the Colorado Rockies.

I have developmental and learning disabilities, and some fairly minor physical disabilities- reading issues (I know what the words mean but can't get anything to absorb by reading so I listen instead)
dyscalculia (like dyslexia but for numbers)
Sensory processing disorder
Also depression, used to have anxiety

In 2011 I fell in the ice and got a herniated disc in my lower back. It hurt tremendously at first, but now it's manageable since I've adjusted the way I do things.

Greetings, all!!!

Coll

Yutolia, Welcome

With my TBI I also have a hard time absorbing things I read.  I have listen to it several times though to remember it.  I'm finding I have to write down things be able to remember.

Ragman

Post by Ragman » 7 years ago

Is good to see more people, welcome, Yutolia,  I am a spastic Quadriplegic from a hypoxic brain injury.  I have no effective memory, so every day is new. :)

Cactus Jack

Post by Cactus Jack » 7 years ago

Hello Coll.  I have four TBI's (two severe, one serious, one mild), PTSD, herniated disks throughout my back and most of my neck.  Alone with a variety of knee & hip injuries.  The joys of being hit by a drunk driver.  Colorado is my home-state, but now live in Utah. 

Welcome aboard!
“The activist is not the man who says the river is dirty. The activist is the man who cleans up the river.” -Ross Perot

Coll

Cactus Jack,
I born Utah.  Guess it doesn't matter which side of the Rockies are on, they are home. :-D