My Frontier X5 x demo wheelchair

Discussion about anything and everything.
Ragman

My Frontier X5 x demo wheelchair

Post by Ragman » 9 years ago

The lift is 12 inches, and the tilt is 50˚ and there is no restriction in drive when deployed, which is somewhat scary. Useful, but scary.  The weight setting in this chair is 400 pounds, which is good for me and frog, so we can go places. lol

dude2

Post by dude2 » 9 years ago

Excellent looking chair! Hope this is the one!

Ragman

Post by Ragman » 9 years ago

I spent some time yesterday trying out the chair, and am very pleased that it did much better than the Nomad from Global Extreme Mobility, and surprisingly did better in two places than did the Action Track-chair. This chair is amazing, capable of true off road performance that nobody in a wheelchair would even attempt, without this thing. My house is built on rock which is exposed to the side of the house -- this monster managed to climb that rock, then circle the house over rough tree roots, wet grass, hills and deep ruts. It goes places my lawn mower can't get.

Ragman

Post by Ragman » 8 years ago

In my quest to finally get to go places my wheelchairs would not take me, I purchased this off road chair -- the Action Track Chair

It went places, but shortly after purchasing it, the action of a tracked vehicle over a hump made me spasm terribly, unable to function for an hour or more, and still not yet recovered from.  Fortunately, the wonderful people of Action Trackchair allowed me to return the very slightly used track chair, and refunded my purchase price.

Disheartened I searched the internet and came up with the Global Extreme Mobility Nomad,

which I purchased, with the proceeds of the refund from Action Track-chair. It arrived and broke on the first attempt to use it - it took 12 days for the replacement motors to arrive, which were fitted correctly by a qualified wheelchair technician, as they should have been. The weather was bad, so I did not try the Nomad to see if it worked, but the next day, I took onto my hill, then up the driveway - I did this over the next four days, going onto the grass, riding around, went into the woods once, then on the fifth day since the repair, it broke again, the exact same fault. Global Extreme Mobility refunded the purchase cost of the chair, after a little arguing.

Very disheartened, I looked around and found, on ebay of all places, an Ex Demo Magic Mobility Frontier, MK I

This chair at last worked wonderfully, but the seat system physically hurt, when sitting in it, so after one trial day of two hours in the terrible seat, we changed it for a decent high end van seat, that I had purchased for my Larger wheelchair van.

This seat makes the Wheelchair very comfortable - it needs a harness, and possibly an active overlay, but it works, did not break navigating my land, going in places I could not get the Nomad to navigate, and did it comfortably, not jarring my rather spastic body.

I did however make a mistake on the downhill line, and the chair dipped sharply at one point, and threw me out onto the hill, where I rolled thirty feet. This did not hurt particularly, my wrist is sore, I have two bruises, but nothing inside hurts, so I think it did no damage.

This Magic Mobility Frontier Mk I wheelchair, designated X5 is just what I have been looking for, for over twenty years.

DisabledArtisanSwaps

Post by DisabledArtisanSwaps » 8 years ago

You said this: This Magic Mobility Frontier Mk I wheelchair, designated X5 is just what I have been looking for, for over twenty years.

I am saying this:
Well great, I do know how hard it is to get a great chair. I was blessed to find a very good one at a second hand store. It was used, but it works great. Comfort is something that surely is needed and I am happy for you that you have a chair that you love....but hey, BE CAREFUL...I bet in a way it must of been fun to roll down a grassy hill, but scary too. So ya, watch yourself. Good think you did not get badly hurt. Me, I almost tipped over in a salvation Army store today...somebody caught me and otherwise that would of been a bad fall. Sounds like your fall was much more adventurousness . SMILES....I hope you have the BEST Week Ever!!!!

Shelly
One Second In Time Is All That It Takes For Your Life To Change Forever! Is Your Heart Right? Your Life Right?
08/06/2012 ~11:15 AM "MY D DAY"