Sweat, blood and tears

Discussion about anything and everything.
Ragman

Sweat, blood and tears

Post by Ragman » 9 years ago

Who would have thought that sweat, particularly upon one's posterior, could cause such unpleasant problems.
My house does not have air conditioning, and the cost is prohibitive - the broken system would need removing, the destroyed duct-work also, then the purchase a new unit, installation of new duct-work etc has been quoted by multiple local companies as over ten thousand dollars. I do not have that amount available, nor the particular appreciation for blown air blowing the pollutants around the house, thereby making me ill.....

So, I am hot, I sweat, mainly here the air don't get to, and now have sores that are getting worse, so I have retired to my bed, where I lay for the majority of the day.  This makes using the computer impossible, he lap top would need me sitting in bed, which would still be a problem, so I will not be visiting the chat-room much in the next while - I need to fix my sores.

I am going to miss you all rather a lot, and will pop in for a few minutes when I can, but will not be able to stay long at all.

Why do they make all wheelchair cushions somewhat waterproof  -- that just promotes sweat.

david juare

Post by david juare » 8 years ago

Hi Ragman, I to lived back East of the USA where the temp is 75 and humid 100% all the time. I paid the 10K to have Sears install A/C and do not regrate now. But that was over 15 years ago and now live in sunny California. At lease the temp is 75 and 10 percent humid. Please stop the tears and get a cheap A/C soon.

Kay

Post by Kay » 8 years ago

sorry to hear of your problems and know the sores need to heal and have air being in a wheelchair myself can understand that. U will be missed and wish you well hope for a speedy recovery keep safe and get well.Karen

DisabledArtisanSwaps

Post by DisabledArtisanSwaps » 8 years ago

I DO understand my friend, May time speed up for you and get you thru this hot summer!! I will ask God on your behalf to send in a cool breeze and heal your sores as well :-)
One Second In Time Is All That It Takes For Your Life To Change Forever! Is Your Heart Right? Your Life Right?
08/06/2012 ~11:15 AM "MY D DAY"