Different days, different problems

Discussion about anything and everything.
Ragman

Different days, different problems

Post by Ragman » 9 years ago

yesterday, I could do quite a lot of things.  Transferring was comparatively easy, eating was not particularly messy and speaking was very easy.  Today transferring is almost impossible eating is chaos, and speaking it's very difficult. when this happens DragonDictate tends to make a tremendous amount of mistakes compound in them tenfold when I try to correct them.  This makes for a lot of giggling, which makes the matters worse.  I am suffering somewhat from allergies, so I'm sniffing a lot which makes Dragon determine that I am saying ' this' or' is'.  Sometimes it randomly picks a letter of the alphabet and inserts it anywhere.  Thus is the fun of different days, different problems.

Ragman

Post by Ragman » 9 years ago

:evil: Last evening, my $28,000 wheelchair, the Permobil M300 HD broke spectacularly - the tilt mechanism that I use a lot, did something that now makes it fail when occupied but will tilt sideways and raise some of the way with no weight in it. I am wondering if the countless times the damn thing got stuck has anything to do with its spectacular demise. I have a call in to the company, but of course, disabled people are not important so they don't work after hours or on weekends. If I did not have a spare chair, which is quite common in the community, I would be up shit creek without a paddle.
Froggy, my care attendant took all the comfort accessories off the broken Permobil, and put them onto my spare chair, a Permobil C350 read drive. This chair is small, compact and somewhat comfortable. I wonder if they will mend my M300.

Kay

Post by Kay » 9 years ago

Dear Ragman seems as thought u have nothing but trouble with your chairs and am sorry to hear that. for the money u are spending u are spending on them throw a fit and get it fixed right- there is always the bbb(better business beaurea) to complain to if that helps. take cARE AND GET THIS DONE. KAREN