Workers and new driveways.

Discussion about anything and everything.
Ragman

Workers and new driveways.

Post by Ragman » 9 years ago

Ten years ago, the family who owned my home then stopped using the second driveway, that soon fell into ruin. Eight years ago, they tarmacked the remaining driveway. When I bought the place, the asphalt driveway needed serious repair, in the eighteen months since then it became much worse, so I called in a supposedly reputable company to come mend it and re-gravel the ruined driveway. Over the last week they worked daily on doing this so by now I have a nearly finished project. Problem is they really don't know what the hell they are doing, and have made a few bad decisions - the gravel driveway terminates one foot from the parking tarmac. The foot is mud.  The roller operator damaged the well place patches by turning the roller on un-cured tarmac. When I brought the second to their attention they gave excuses, and left. If they do return to finish the job, I shall point out the mud and see what they intend to do about it. The folk repairing the car port seem to have given up before finishing the work. East Tennessee seems to be a place of chancers, and idiots who say they can do something then prove they can't. I am left with unfinished works, that I have to pay another idiot chancer to come fix. I need to move, I think.

Cactus Jack

Post by Cactus Jack » 9 years ago

Yeah, I can empathize with you some.  I have repairs I need for my home, friends from church say they'll help, but they don't.  Insurance company does it's yearly assessment, and I get a red flag for the work not being done.  End result, home owners insurance is canceled.  For a month and a half I had no insurance, searching for a company that'd take my home, premium went from $63/month to $276/month, then finally found a company that's only $70/month.  Thankfully.  But I still gotta get the work done or they will cancel as well.

I keep trying to tell my so-called friends from church "a paid something is always better than a free nothing".  And they still don't seem to get it.  Not much for being friends, IMO.
“The activist is not the man who says the river is dirty. The activist is the man who cleans up the river.” -Ross Perot

Ragman

Post by Ragman » 9 years ago

I made a terrible mistake - fell for the 'I gotta pay my men' line and paid before they finished the work - this was over a week ago, they ain't coming back, I paid 'em, they are off. They use straight talk cell phones, and have changed their numbers, so now I have a lot of unfinished work, and no way of getting it finished. They robbed me, a man in a wheelchair - they aren't human, they are sub sub sub human.