How Not to Park in a Handicapped Space - ugh!

Discussion about anything and everything.

Ragman

Post by Ragman » 9 years ago

Thank you for that link - I am 'confined' to a wheelchair, I drive from my chair and when some bastard parks on the hash lined unload space next to me, I am stuck until they move, because my vehicle has no driver's seat and no accessible foot pedals, they are hidden behind a screwed in box, so nobody can drive my van out of the parking space for me to get in.

suewheeels

Post by suewheeels » 9 years ago

Same here. Sometimes I park on an angle taking up 2 spots so I have enough space. The garage below only has 2 possible spots I can park in. Today I took one I barely had enough space for my ramp. I will see what happens, snow is expected on and off this week so I need to be there all week.

Cactus Jack

Post by Cactus Jack » 9 years ago

I almost got arrested a couple months back for how I confront people that park illegally. 
I've been threatened with arrest for harassment as the cops say I have no right to look in the window for a placard.  So now I focus in people parked in fire lanes.  A man or woman in a wheelchair has far more right to park in a fire lane than someone able bodied.  But they don't out of respect for those the parking is there for- fire & emergency.  I even have one encounter on video on my YouTube account.  But if anything it's like no one cares.
“The activist is not the man who says the river is dirty. The activist is the man who cleans up the river.” -Ross Perot